Jonah’s handspun thrummed knitted slippers are finally done! It took longer to make the yarn than the actual slippers, but it was worth it! I feel really good about how the yarn turned out. It was mostly evenly spun (Jonah even helped to spin some of it on the wheel!), and I made 4 fairly full bobbins’ worth, about 175 yards of bulky weight worsted spun, 2-ply merino. I used about 12 oz. of fiber for both the yarn and the thrums. That seems like a lot, but they are very thick and sturdy, (but still soft) and I made lots of thick, fluffy thrums, probably 3-4 oz. worth. I think it’s interesting how they just blend into the stitches on the outside… since the fiber is full of so many random colors. I used the thrummed bunny slipper pattern, but minus the bunny stuff, and where the pattern started the ribbing rows, I just kept going, decreasing in the front for several more rows until I had the leg thickness and height I wanted. At the top, I added 2 rows of 1×1 ribbing and used a super stretchy bind-off. Jonah wanted them pretty snug and high around his skinny legs, but the first one I made too skinny…he could barely get his foot inside… so I had to go back and re-knit it. But the end result was a success! He loves them, and doesn’t want to take them off. And Mae can’t wait for me to make hers too… but she’s going to have to… probably a couple more weeks. :-( Hopefully she won’t get as jealous as Joseph’s brothers did about his coat and sell him into slavery in order to claim them for herself!