I was debating what to do about the “case of the missing eggs”; whether to hold a stake-out, or mount a full blown investigative search of the laurel hedges. I decided that if there was no egg this morning, I would keep them in their coop until the afternoon, to see if Cleo would lay one by then. The hens must have gotten wind of my plan, because this morning there was an egg! So they got to run free all morning after all. There is still no conclusive evidence for what became of her eggs the last 2 days. I guess we will see if there are any further developments in the next few days. Mae was very excited that Cleo’s egg from this morning was actually taller than the large eggs we have from the grocery store. Maybe she just needed an extra day and a half to go up a size!